News for Page Lake Powell Arizona

Lake Powell Life News

 Breaking News

Gas Leak Prompts Evacuation of City Hall

Gas Leak Prompts Evacuation of City Hall
November 12
11:16 2015

Earlier this morning around 8:00, Page Fire Department responded to a call involving the smell of propane at City Hall.

The building was evacuated and firefighters discovered a small leak in one of the heating units located on the roof of the building.

The evacuation lasted almost an hour while firefighters ventilated the building and worked to secure the leak.

The all clear was given shortly after ventilation of the building and City Hall has resumed business.

Inhalation of propane can be dangerous because the gas can overcome the presence of oxygen in the lungs and may completely inhibit a person’s ability to breathe.

 

Current Articles

NEWS ARCHIVE